Tristan asks, “How are you getting on with the new Google Analytics 4 interface and data collection?”
Google Analytics 4 represents a sea change in how Google thinks of its marketing platform. Instead of an all-in-one application, it’s now part of a suite of 3 major pieces that every marketer will need to consider.
Google Tag Manager: tracking and configuration
Google Analytics: analysis engine
Google Data Studio: visualization and reporting engine
Some notable changes:
– Goals are gone.
– Scopes are gone.
– Channel groupings are gone.
– Segments are gone.
Can’t see anything? Watch it on YouTube here.
Listen to the audio here:
- Got a question for You Ask, I’ll Answer? Submit it here!
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter for more useful marketing tips.
- Find older episodes of You Ask, I Answer on my YouTube channel.
- Need help with your company’s data and analytics? Let me know!
- Join my free Slack group for marketers interested in analytics!