For anyone that’s been doing SEO for a while, Google advanced search operators—i.e., special commands that make regular ol’ searches seem laughably basic in comparison—are nothing new.
Here’s a Google search operator you may be familiar with.
It’s easy to remember most search operators. They’re short commands that stick in the mind.
But knowing how to use them effectively is an altogether different story.
Most SEOs know the basics, but few have truly mastered them.
In this post, I’ll share 15 actionable tips to help you master search operators for SEO, which are:
- Find indexation errors
- Find non-secure pages (non-https)
- Find duplicate content issues
- Find unwanted files and pages on your site
- Find guest post opportunities
- Find resource page opportunities
- Find sites that feature infographics… so you can pitch YOURS
- Find more link prospects… AND check how relevant they are
- Find social profiles for outreach prospects
- Find internal linking opportunities
- Find PRopportunities by finding competitor …