I have always believed that everyone is influential about something and that sentiment is certainly true within B2B companies. In the B2B marketing world, we’ve all come to understand that buyers trust individual voices more than formal marketing and advertising messages, so finding ways to optimize influence internally is becoming a key area of focus.
To drill down into the intersection of employee advocacy and influence, this 1oth episode of Inside Influence features my discussion with Ryan Bares, Global Social Programs Lead: Social Influencers & Employee Advocacy at IBM Systems.
Beyond hitting a few key findings from the The 2020 State of B2B Influencer Marketing report, Ryan and I covered a lot of ground including:
- Increased focus on employees as influencers
- Importance of senior B2B execs to grow their influence
- Optimism about influencer marketing at IBM
- The difference between B2B and B2C influencer marketing
- How IBM Systems engages with B2B influencers
- Advice on starting an influencer program …