The Payments feature (formerly called Recurring Payments) lets you accept credit and debit card payments for goods, services, subscriptions, memberships, donations, and more. The Payments feature can be used to create recurring revenue or one-time payments to your site.
The Payments feature is available for all sites using the Block editor and a WordPress.com plan like Personal, Premium, Business, or eCommerce plan. The feature is also available for self-hosted sites on a paid Jetpack plan.
- Uses Stripe to collect payments. You can set up a new Stripe account or connect to an existing one. Stripe ensures that the credit card data is encrypted.
- Automatically sends receipts to subscribers.
- For recurring subscriptions:
- Automatically bills subscribers at the end of their Renewal Period and transfers the funds to your Stripe account.
- It allows the buyer to cancel the subscription at any time.
Learn all about creating a paid membership site with WordPress.com …