Using Film to Teach Literacy Online and in the Classroom
Starting 7 September 2020, this two-week, online course will explore a range of strategies and frameworks that you can implement in your lessons, wherever they are taking place this academic year. You'll learn how film can be used to engage and inspire young people in literacy lessons, and improve their progress and levels of attainment in both reading and writing.
During the course, you will:
- Explore the benefits of using film to support a blended learning approach
- Discover how film can be used to develop a range of literacy skills, including comprehension, analysis and narrative writing
- Learn to facilitate film analysis using our simple 3Cs and 3Ss framework
- Gain access to classroom-ready, downloadable resources and an exclusive playlist of short films to share with your learners
- Connect and share best practice with other educators on the course.
Filmmaking and Animation Online and in …