Some people are saying that freelancing is the career style of the future. As a result, many people are wondering how to be a freelancer.
And the numbers show that freelancing is a solid idea.
A study from UpWork and Freelancers Union shows that in the next decade, more than half of America’s workforce will do freelance work. And 47% of millennials are already doing it.
Here are some more interesting findings from the study:
- There are currently 57.3 million people who do some form of freelancing
- At the current growth rate, experts predict that 86.5 million workers will go freelance
- Freelancers contribute $1.4 trillion USD to the American economy
- Freelancers have an average of 4.5 clients each month
- 71% of those surveyed say that tech has helped them get more work over the past year
More and more people are finding that freelancing brings incredible flexibility, freedom, and the ability to earn some extra cash.
It’s also worth noting the downsides, though. Many …