Each week, Eric, Jason and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses. Ask any question about local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites and online advertising.
Get our email updates – https://localmarketinginstitute.com
Attend our live Q&A sessions – https://localmarketinginstitute.com/qa
Join our Facebook group – https://localmarketinginstitute.com/group
Subscribe to our podcast – https://localmarketinginstitute.com/podcast
// THIS WEEK’S QUESTIONS //
– How many people actually use Apple Maps?
– Apple iOS has rolled out some new privacy features including Mail Privacy Protection and Geolocation Privacy Changes.
– User experience to become a Google ranking factor.
– How Google Small Business Advisors can help you.
– Ben is writing a column for Search Engine Journal.
– With GMB shortcodes having been deprecated, do you have any suggestions for small businesses requesting reviews?
– Is there a way to edit an existing business in a GMB listing to place it “Inside of” another place?
– Is there a way to see what address a Service Area Business used to verify their GMB listing?
– If I change my home-based business to a Service Area Business listing and hide the address, is my home address safe?
– Do you have any advice on how to get traction with GMB Ads?
– Is it worth creating an individual GMB profile for a lawyer if I share the same law office but not the same practice area (i.e. Personal Injury, Workers Comp)?
– Where should we encourage users to write their reviews–for the practice or practitioners?
– Why do some listings show up as a green square rather than a red pin on the map?