THE MULTIVERSE IS REAL
– “Brands are like cows because it’s very easy for them to understand how things affect them, but it’s very hard to see how things in the world affect others.” -Brian
– Technology can act as a containing—or limiting—factor. It can enable cost savings, but it can also be an enabler of more meaningful interactions.
– Shopify is looking to the future as a global empowerment of a merchant class
– Digital channels for legacy retailers boomed during the pandemic. Why? Default behaviors are latent. We will always regress to defaults, especially in a retail context. Best Buy is a great example of this; as are Lowes and Home Depot. Digital success was bolstered by physical defaults.
– For the first time in a decade, eCommerce is facing headwinds. Why? Because traditional brick and mortar retailers are experiencing tailwinds due to reopening. The roaring twenties will prove to be difficult for eCommerce businesses.
– Where is luxury headed? Luxury is the silence of money and not constantly being barraged with ads.
– Check out Brian’s Insiders piece: How Now Brand Cow: On Operational Efficiency in Ecommerce Tech [https://futurecommerce.fm/posts/insiders-089-how-now-brand-cow-on-operational-efficiency-in-ecommerce-tech]
– Subscribe to Insiders [https://mailchi.mp/futurecommerce/fcinsiders]
– Listen to our other episodes of Future Commerce! [https://futurecommerce.fm/future-commerce-podcast]
– Our mini-series, Step by Step [https://futurecommerce.fm/stepbystep]
– Our sister podcast, Stairway to CEO! [https://futurecommerce.fm/stairwaytoceo]
Have any questions or comments about the show? Let us know on Futurecommerce.fm [https://futurecommerce.fm/], or reach out to us on Twitter [https://twitter.com/futurecommerce], Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/futurecommercepodcast/?ref=br_rs], Instagram [https://www.instagram.com/futurecommerce/], or LinkedIn [https://www.linkedin.com/company/futurecommercepodcast/]. We love hearing from our listeners!