It is possible to register a domain name with LetsHost.ie and connect it to your website with Squarespace. To do this, you will need to use the DNS Manager feature in your client area.
– First, log in to your Squarespace account and click on Settings – Domains
– Click the button for ‘Use and domain I own’, type in your own domain name and click Next
– Click the button for ‘Connect Domain’
– Select ‘Other’ from the list and click ‘Connect Domain’
– Click Continue and then copy/paste the DNS Settings on the following screen
– Next, log in to your LetsHost.ie client area (https://www.letshostbilling.com/clientarea.php/) and click on Domains – Managed DNS
– Click Add New Zone and fill in your domain name and IP Address (as per Squarespace DNS Settings)
– Click Add Zone
– Click the Edit pen icon and then proceed to add in each of the Squarespace DNS Settings
– Click Domains – My Domains
– Click the blue down arrow and then Manage Nameservers.
– Enter in ‘ns9.dnsireland.com‘ and ‘ns10.dnsireland.com‘. If there are any other nameservers listed, remove them
– Click Change Nameservers
– It will take a few hours for the above DNS Settings to take full effect, but afterwards your domain name will be connected to your Squarespace website
For more video tutorials, please visit https://kb.letshost.ie