According to a report by Deloitte Access Economics, requested by Free TV Australia, more than 97% of Australians have access to commercial television. The industry itself injects billions of dollars into the economy every year, supporting roughly 16,300 full-time equivalent jobs, both directly and indirectly.
Studies also revealed viewership of free to air TV increases dramatically. For example, TV audiences were 23% higher during the 2019–2020 bushfires. Businesses have a real opportunity to take advantage of a large audience, but how much does it cost to put an ad on TV in Australia?
In this article, you’ll find:
- How much it costs to advertise in Australia.
- How to get started in running a TV ad in 2021.
- The top-viewed programs in 2019.
20 Most-Watched Free-to-Air TV Shows of 2019
According to data from OzTam and Regional Tam in an article from The Sydney Morning Herald, the top 20 programs of 2019 were:
- State of Origin Rugby League Game 1 (3.23 million).
- AFL Grand Final (2.96 million).
- State of …