The jobs of digital marketers continue to get more difficult.
Not only are rising ad costs increasing stress to perform, but the constant changes to pixel tracking compounds this stress when attribution is so critical.
Consider these macro changes in 2020 alone:
- Safari ITP restriction blocking all third party cookies
- Safari ITP limiting all 1st party cookies to 7 days (GA, FB, etc)
- Safari iOS14 forcing opt-in user consent to in-app tracking and sharing
- CCPA goes into full effect
- Google Chrome announcing all third party cookies will be blocked by 2022
- Rapid growth of new browsers like Brave that block all tracking by default
- Ad Blockers reaching peak popularity in August 2020 with data showing up to 27% of Americans are using Ad Blockers
- GDPR fines growing in quantity which puts more pressure on compliance
The list goes on.
Not only does this make the jobs of marketers more difficult – but analysts as well.
Answering questions like these isn’t so easy anymore:
- “Why doesn’t revenue from X match revenue …