Follow this 16-step SEO audit process to nail your site’s SEO and boost your search traffic.
Most SEO audits have two things in common:
- they’re too technical;
- they take DAYS (or even WEEKS) to complete!
This one is different.
It takes hours, not weeks, and you won’t need a degree in computer science to follow along.
Here’s a breakdown of the SEO audit process we’ll be following:
- Steps 1–4: check for BIG issues (that may be holding your site back)
- Steps 5–9: uncover easy-to-fix on-site problems;
- Steps 10–12: analyze organic search traffic (and find low-hanging opportunities);
- Steps 13–14: backlink analysis (VERY important!);
- Steps 15–16: content audit AND “content gap” analysis.
As you can see, the aim here isn’t to show you how to do a “technical” SEO audit (which you can do with almost any SEO site audit tool).
The aim is to provide a comprehensive approach to auditing your website from an SEOperspective. …